Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Why write?

First off, I want to announce the winner of last week's 200th Post drawing---- LISA KESSLER!!!  WOOO!!!  Congrats, and thank you all who commented (I used a very scientific manner- numbers, bits of paper, and a blind draw ;)--if you commented and mentioned a previous blog post you liked, you got TWO bits of paper!)

Now on to a very short blog, but one with a big question:  Why do we write?

I know we all have different reasons, but a recent blog post on why you shouldn't write (Chuck Wendig- hilarious!) made me look at why I do continue to torture myself.  It takes up alot of time, and leaves little to show for it.  Even if you get published few non-writers know how much work REALLY goes into a book.

So why do we do it?

I think I personally have some sort of disease where my mind makes up places and if I don't write them, I'll go mad.  But that's me.

Now it's your turn- WHY do you write?  Could you stop?

Have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. I often say that writing is the ultimate one sided relationship, but I can't walk away. I've tried to let it go and like you said I almost went mad. So I write because I have to...for me, its as natural as breathing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that! The ultimate one sided relationship indeed :). It's a good thing we can write to keep the crazies at bay.

      Thanks for coming by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I write because I refuse to grow up and still want to play with my imaginary friends. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the never growing up, Cyndi! I absolutely refuse to :).

      Long live our imaginary friends!

      Thanks for coming by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I write because the words are in my head, and I have to do SOMETHING with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Michael!

      Thanks for coming by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I write because it is my passion - and I waited far too long to find it. I write because the voices - I mean, characters - in my head insist that I must. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Linda- I think it IS the voices we have to worry about! If we let them out on the page it keeps us sane.

      Thanks for coming by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. This text is worth everyone's attention. How can I find out more?

    My web-site ... Breezy

    ReplyDelete