Wednesday, November 1, 2017

#IWSG NANO time!

Welcome to the monthly blog-o-rama of the Insecure Writers Support Group! 

A gathering of writers from all across the land join in the craziness that is being a writer.

Join us!  http://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/p/iwsg-sign-up.html


Sadly, I missed last month being as I was out of the country traveling :(. 


But as much as I love Conwy, Wales, I had to come back--so I'm back to blogging!

Today's question was aptly about NaNo (National Novel Writing Month--Google it ;)). It asked if we A) usually finish, and B) if any of our Nano's had been published.

Yup and yup- short blog ;).

Kidding.

This is my 9th year and up until I published I usually always finished. After publishing, not so much. But the past two years saw me editing one book at the same time I was writing the new book. That's messy folks ;). This year due to health and a few random reasons, I am so far behind on my book that I'm ONLY writing. So, that bodes well.

As for them going on to published book standing: The Glass Gargoyle and Warrior Wench both started as NaNo's and Obsidian Chimera, Emerald Dragon, and Victorious Dead all were worked on during NaNo--so yeah.

I love NaNo for the feeling of camaraderie it creates. It's a completely mad adventure but it's fun to mix and mingle with other writers at all levels.

So ONWARD my fellow nanoers!

And happy IWSG day!

5 comments:

  1. I think the NaNoWriMo appeal is the buzz… the thought that a global community consisting of thousands of writers, will be let loose upon all those potential story ideas that are just waiting to unfold.
    You are not alone in this crazy but exciting venture.
    But NaNo is not for me.
    Happy IWSG Day!

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onward and upward. Sounds like it works for you!
    Mary at Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with NaNo! It sounds like the process really works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very impressive list. Obviously you worked your butt off. :-)

    https://emaginette.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/iwsg-42-past-nano-lessons-ive-learned/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't NaNo, but one thing I've never understood about it is if one spends so much time commiserating with other writers about how their projects are going, how do you find time to put in all those words? You obviously seem to have mastered it if you've done it nine times! Congrats and good luck this year again!

    IWSG November

    ReplyDelete