Tuesday, July 3, 2018

#IWSG Goals and Life

Welcome to another monthly adventure in the Insecure Writer's Support Group blog run! Join writers from all over as we look at the writing world!

http://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/p/iwsg-sign-up.html



Today we were presented with a very timely question-- What are your ultimate writing goals and have they changed over time?

I've been writing for a very, very, VERY long time. And the goal in the beginning was just to finish a book. Then it became get the book out there on the agent circuit. Then start a new book, and another, and another. 

My ultimate goal however was first and foremost--to have total strangers read my work and like it. Deep in my heart, it was also to make enough money at it that I could quit the day job and write full time.

Neither of those have changed, really. 

I still want to get my books into new hands, and I'm thrilled when I see sales in other countries (or anywhere ;)). Even already doing that hasn't changed that goal.

And I would love to be able to leave my day job and write full time. I love days when I can just stay immersed in my worlds. Someday, I hope to make that one a reality as well.

So the situations change over the years--but the goal of writing enjoyable books is still alive and well.

Happy IWSG day!


5 comments:

  1. I hear you! I really just wanted to share my stories. It never occurred to me there would be fans and marketing involved. LOL! How we grow, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you have such wonderful stories to share, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate to wanting total strangers to ready my writing and love it. I'm glad your goals have stayed the same as they are achievable and worthy goals. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "to have total strangers read my work and like it" - love that as a goal. It's probably the best thing about being a writer, right?

    ReplyDelete