Wednesday, September 2, 2020

#IWSG _Famous People

 Welcome to a monthly romp through the psyche of many a deranged soul-- aka a blog hop for writers. Join us! 


https://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/p/iwsg-sign-up.html



A question of the month is presented by the mothership (see above) and we can use it or not.

Today's ponderings are if we could have any writer from the past be our beta reader/critique partner, who would it be and why.

So freaking many!  But, the first one that struck me was Isaac Asimov.  Simply because he was so prolific, didn't stay in his lane (aka wrote what he wanted), and was always doing something.

I'm not sure what impact I would have on him, probably not  alot, but I think just being around that brain and watching it work would make a huge difference for me and my writing.

So, question for you writers and non-writers-- if you could hang out with one person from the past for a week, who would it be and why?

Happy IWSG day!!



16 comments:

  1. The answers to this question are so diverse! I like this answer, because although I could never get into his writing, I admire the diversity and sheer quantity of his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about it being hard to chose. I've heard great things about Isaac Asimov but not read anything by him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a serious writing dedication and switched stories as one drifted off, then he'd go back.

      Delete
  3. Nice choice. Watching him work would be inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reminded me of my own thoughts. It's a beta PARTNER. I can learn lots from someone like Asimov, but I seriously doubt he's going to learn anything from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That man had a range, from textbooks to sagas. The fact he was so grounded in non-fiction science probably helped make his fiction science so good. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think he was be the most fascinating person to speak with as well!

      Delete
  6. One person from the past...I had to go do some research and come back. I pick Hildegarde von Bingen. She was a 12th century abbess who wrote a book called Liber Simplicis Medicine, which led to herbal medicine in Europe. I was originally just going to say 'a hedgewitch' but then I decided I should at least look up a name for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! She would be a very interesting person to speak with!

      Delete