Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Guest Blogger: Rachael Davila- SWAG!

Welcome my guest Blogger- Rachael Davila



Thanks for having me, Marie! I've never blogged before. I'm excited to debut on your blog!


For those of you who don't know me, I'm Rachael. Unlike most stereotypical writers, I'm totally an extrovert. Like a golden retriever in person- "Hi there! Hi!" You can almost see my tail wagging.  But I am able to channel that exuberance into topics I'm passionate about, like writing, being a virtual assistant, email marketing and promotional products.

Promotional Products is the topic I want to talk with you about today.  You know articles of merchandise (often branded with a logo) used in marketing and communication programs. They are given away to promote a company, corporate image, brand, or event. These items are usually imprinted with a company's name, logo or slogan, and given away at trade shows, conferences, and as part of guerrilla marketing campaigns.

I've been in the industry my whole life. In fact one of my favorite memories is going to the ASI Show in Chicago's McCormick Place.  In all my eleven years, I'd never seen anything like it.  Rows upon rows of booths as far as my eyes could see. My dad handed me a bag and told me not to come back until it was full. I didn't make it past the first aisle.  By the end of the day, I'd collected eight boxes of tchotchkes--pens, pencils, squeeze balls, and tons more.  My love for branded items was born.

Fast forward twenty plus years later and I still love those giveaways.  Only now I've made a business out of it.  I use my experience to work with clients to find the right promotional item for their business goals. Not only do I get to do the work I love, but I get to help people too.  Perfect career? I THINK SO!
Starting Monday, October 28th, I'm teaching a two week online workshop for writers to introduce them to promotional products and imprinted items. From book launches to convention giveaways, Authors use promotional products all the time.  But is that the best way to market YOU?
Promotional Products can be a great addition to any marketing plan from business cards to embroidered apparel. 

In my workshop, The 5W's of SWAG, we'll discuss what factors to look at when deciding what promotional items to add to your marketing budget.  And answer the questions...

*WHAT is SWAG?  
*WHO is best served using them?
*WHERE to look for them?
*WHEN is the right time to use promotional products?
*WHY use a promotional product at all?

While the workshop is geared towards writers, any business person can take the class, especially one who has a marketing plan and is thinking of adding promotional items to it. I hope you'll join me. Workshop details will be on www.rwasd.com, under Workshops.

Thanks again for having me on your blog, Marie!

Rachael Davila has been in the Promotional Products industry since birth and a Romance writer for almost two years. She is combining her love of both to help her fellow Authors brave the world of imprinted items! From business cards to convention giveaways, Rachael can help! You can find her online via twitter @RachaelDavila or her website: www.ExtraSpecialPromotions.com


1 comment: